There are so many things to purchase when a baby comes along. High chair, crib, clothes, toys, diapers—it feels like a never ending list. Parents may be thinking, “Do I really need a bassinet stroller? Why can’t we just get a regular stroller?”
Bassinet strollers aren’t something you can forget about. Bassinet strollers are necessary for newborns and infants.
They are designed so that your child can lie down while you push, as newborns and small infants lack the strength to sit in a traditional stroller seat.
A bassinet allows them to sleep flat while they are pushed in a stroller. This makes for a happy, rested baby and a parent who gets to take a much needed walk.
Factors to Consider When Looking for a Bassinet Stroller
Don’t go into the purchase of a bassinet stroller without the proper information. There are several important considerations to keep in mind.
- First and foremost is always the comfort of your child. Consider the padding and cushioning in the bassinet. Is there extra padding around the baby’s head so that it doesn’t bounce from side to side? Are the fabrics breathable so that your child stays cool? Can the cushions be removed for easy cleaning? These are all considerations that relate directly to your child’s comfort, so these are important. Give time to finding a comfortable environment for the child.
- Another consideration is the smoothness of the ride. What kind of suspension does the stroller have? Are there shocks? Will the stroller absorb unexpected bumps, such as a curb or a tiny pothole? What kind of tires are on the stroller? All of these considerations factor into the smoothness of the ride for your child and the ease you feel pushing the bassinet stroller.
- Finally, consider if the bassinet stroller can transition as the infant turns into a toddler. Many of the new bassinet strollers have a bassinet that can transition into a forward or rear facing stroller seat. Other bassinet strollers that don’t transition often have a traditional stroller seat that can be purchased later. This can save you time and money, in the long run.
Reviews: The Best Bassinet Stroller
With so many new bassinet strollers on the market and with many considerations to keep in mind, these reviews will help you decide what bassinet stroller is right for your family.
By the time this article is finished, you’ll be more than ready to purchase your new bassinet stroller.
Review 1: Hot Mom 3 in 1 Travel System and Bassinet Combo
Hands down, the Hot Mom 3 in 1 Travel System is one of the most unique bassinet strollers on the market.
With its contemporary egg-shape design, this bassinet stroller is absolutely unique. Be ready for heads to spin when you walk down the street!
This bassinet stroller is ergonomically designed and has the baby riding high which allows the parent to be much closer to their child. It also is helpful in restaurants as the child will be eye level with the table.
This bassinet stroller is almost all leather. This natural material keeps baby cool and also is easy to clean. Leather is also extremely durable so it will wear better.
What is even more amazing about the Hot Mom 3 in 1 Travel System is that it comes with a bassinet and a stroller seat.
Once the child reaches approximately nine months old, you can simply pop out the bassinet and put in the traditional stroller seat. Talk about convenience!
This bassinet stroller may be the most stylish stroller on the streets!
- Trendy, European design
- Storage underneath that is accessible from 4 sides
- Included in purchase is raincover, mosquito net cover, hand pump for wheels, summer sleeping mat, carrycot cover and cup holder!
- May be difficult to fold
Review 2: Belecoo™ Luxury Newborn Infant Stroller Pushchair Pram
The Belecoo Bassinet Stroller is a beautiful pram designed for children ages 0 to 3. The bassinet is fully adjustable so your baby can sit or lie down.
Not only is the bassinet adjustable, the handle is also adjustable so that your child can face you or face the street.
Safety is critical with the Belecoo. The bassinet stroller has explosion proof wheels, as well as a pedal brake.
The Belecoo is easy to fold and has a solid steel frame.
- Fully adjustable canopy designed to protect your child from the sun’s rays
- Large storage basket for necessities
- Extendable leg rest for child
- Feeding tray does not come with the bassinet stroller
- Instructions may be difficult to understand
Review 3: Roan Kortina Classic Pram Stroller 2 in 1 With Bassinet and Seat
This bassinet stroller may be the one for you! Wonderful features like comfortable suspension and a folding chassis for easy handling and transportation make this a stroller to consider.
While many strollers do not have an adjustable handlebar, the Roan Kortina certainly does! This bassinet stroller doesn’t require a tall parent to hunch over to push their stroller. You can pick the height that works for you!
- Adjustable backrest and footrest for baby
- Adjustable sun hood can be used with bassinet or seat to protect your child from sunburn
- Large metal basket for necessities such as blankets, bottles and toys
- 5 point safety harness for security
- Bassinet has carry handles
- Wheels are fixed, they do not swivel
- Instructions for assembly and use may not be clear enough
- May be too big for some parents
- Can only handle a child up to 33 pounds
Bassinet Strollers: Get the Right One Today
Now that you know the importance of a bassinet stroller, it is important that you find the right one for you and your baby.
Always keep in mind that your child is dependent on you to pick the most comfortable bassinet and stroller for them.
Keeping in mind all the relevant factors, you’ll certainly pick one that is safe, secure and stylish.